×
It's Official: Original 'Ghostbusters' Is Getting A Sequel And Bill Murray Is Willing To RETURN

It's Official: Original 'Ghostbusters' Is Getting A Sequel And Bill Murray Is Willing To RETURN

Yes, he previously said that he won't ever do another 'Ghostbuster' movie but now he is on board, probably because it is Ivan Reitman's son himself directing it.

In case you have been living under a rock, the original Ghostbusters which came out decades ago is finally getting a PROPER sequel, not a reboot and not a sequel to the monstrosity Paul Feig released in 2016. Ignoring that reboot, like all of us Ghostbuster fans, Ivan Reitman's son Jason Reitman is taking forward what his father started and making a sequel to the original movies which will probably continue the story from where Ghostbusters II left. Ivan himself is serving as the producer of the movie so we have a reason to believe that it is going to be great! Who ya gonna call?

Well, so far, only the Reitmans have been confirmed to be on board and as far as the cast of the movie is concerned, we have got Mckenna Grace, Finn Wolfard, and Carrie Coon. But, according to reports, Jason is eyeing to cast some new teen faces for the movie's main cast and we are not quite sure if that is a good idea. “This is very early, and I want the film to unwrap like a present. We have a lot of wonderful surprises and new characters for the audience to meet,” Jason Reitman told EW.

(Twitter)

 

However, out favorite Ghostbuster Peter Venkman aka Bill Murray is willing to return and resume his role in the upcoming movie. “I did [the remake] and I would do this next one,” Murray told Indiewire. “This franchise paid for my son’s college. We made this thing. We are the caretakers of it. It’s a great thing and it was a really fun movie to make. It’s a real movie with some really funny stuff in it.  They’re wonderful people."

Murray also revealed why he did a cameo in the reboot when he previously said that he will no longer be a part of the Ghostbuster franchise, it was because of his friendship with Kate McKinnon and Melissa McCarthy. “I was in that movie just because they asked me, and I knew if I said no, I was saying I didn’t support that movie. I felt like, OK, I’m going to support them because I support them as people. So I did that one and I would do this next one.”

Murray, who is currently starring in The Dead Don’t Die, releasing this June 14, 2019, says the industry no longer looks for talent first but the amount of Twitter followers an actor has. “The big studio movies now have their own computer-generated way of doing things and formula that they use. I think they really do crunch the numbers of how many Twitter followers we have, and all that stuff. I think that actually is a factor, but since I have no Twitter followers, I’m not a bankable person in their world. I’m a big negative on a movie.”

(IMDB)

 

Basically, Murray would come back if asked but he is not sure if they will. Well, we are rooting for it and since Jason himself is a huge Ghostbusters fan, we believe there is a possibility he will approach Bill for the movie, if not a big part then at least a cameo. "I remember being on set and seeing them try out the card catalog gag for the first time when the library ghost makes them come flying out. I remember the day they killed Stay Puft and I brought home a hardened piece of foam that just sat on a shelf for years. I was scared there was a terror dog underneath my bed before people knew what a terror dog was," Reitman revealed. Will you be catching this sequel in theatres next year? Watch this space for more details.



 

Recommended for you